Asset Tracing and Recovery
Asset tracing and recovering the illicit gains from corporate fraud can be a complex exercise. The misappropriation of assets and money siphoned from fraud are often identified within complex financial accounts, property assets, offshore trusts and shell companies.
Ultimately, fraudsters use these methods to finance their lavish lifestyles or to hide their gambling debts. Speed and investigation is critical to successful recoveries.
Our Fraud Examiners (following ACFE guidelines) have extensive cross-border and international experience in working with the legal and law enforcement profession to identify, locate and help freeze the proceeds of fraud using forensic research and investigation techniques.
We assist insolvency practitioners, litigation teams and fraud investigators with the collection of evidence, through digital forensics, profiling and asset tracing.
Asset Recovery: Investigation
As part of our asset tracing investigations, we will:
- provide evidence of global assets to determine whether they can be frozen and/or recovered using local and international laws
- assess whether the debt or respondent is, or has any association to the United Kingdom, strengthening the legal powers to enforce and recover via worldwide disclosure orders
- identify properties, commercial interests and other recoverable assets
- review company filings and evidence to identify links to tangible assets and bank accounts
- unravel and plot complex offshore company structures using link charting techniques
- liaise with the appropriate financial institutions to assist in the detection and recovery of misappropriated assets gained from fraud
- apply a forensic examination of digital assets to identify bank accounts and links to assets
Asset Profiling: Pre-Litigation
We conduct asset profiling investigations for the legal profession who are looking to establish whether an individual or company has any significant assets or liabilities before pursuing costly litigation.
Asset Profiling: Significant Debtors
Organisations often give lines of credit to their regular or trusted customers to keep revenue streams operating. On occasions, these credit lines become large debts. We help clients establish whether an individual or company has any significant assets that could be used as leverage for a repayment plan.
We help clients trace and identify significant debtors who have moved their assets or residence to another location. We have extensive experience working with the legal profession to identify assets using forensic research, investigation techniques and applying freezing orders.
How to identify a fraudster and build an anti-fraud environment?
Digital Forensic Investigations
Workplace investigations and fact finding
Brand Protection Services | Online and Offline
Corporate Fraud Investigations
Asset Tracing – Significant Debtor
How using forensics can help protect your organisation’s digital assets