International Background Checks
Global Background Checks
International background checks into senior executives, managers and new hires, entails rigorous interrogation and analysis of information gathered from a range of open sources.
Our standard employment background check source list can be found here and will include, subscribed databases, press articles, company registries, court searches, public records and documents, insolvency registers, financial regulator fines and licenses, sanctions checks as well social media platforms.
Our Fit and Proper checks, third party due diligence reports and international background checks covers multiple global jurisdictions and research is performed in various key languages.
We have a team of Analysts and Associates who interrogate the individual’s CV, application forms and corporate history specifically looking for adverse information and risk, including undisclosed red flags, conflicting findings, false or exaggerated statements and report these findings to the client.
Industry Insight: Management Due Diligence and Regulatory References
We provide clients with an independent analysis of an individual’s character and assess the appropriateness of their professional background by speaking with former colleagues, clients and senior management that had previously worked with the individual. Our third party due diligence reports, enhanced due diligence, industry insight interviews and regulatory references, allows our clients to work with confidence and compliance.
Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
When dealing with individuals or companies established in high-risk jurisdictions, or are exposed to other cases of high risk, organisations are required to apply Enhanced Due Diligence measures to manage and mitigate those risks appropriately.
Organisations are required by anti-money-laundering directives, to assess, as far as reasonably possible, the background and purpose of all complex and unusually large transactions. This also includes researching any unusual transaction patterns, which do not have any economic or lawful appearance.
How we can help:
Our Enhanced Due Diligence goes above and beyond financial regulatory requirements as well as setting “good governance” in other industries.
- We engage trusted local on-the-ground and human sources which provides an additional level of assurance that online sources cannot
- We determine the subjects’ integrity, ability, reputation, and possible exposure to sanctions lists and litigation
- Examine different and independent sources of information with a specific focus on identifying factors that could damage the reputation of the client; to provide assurance that an individual is a suitable candidate to act as an investor, director or senior hire for the organisation.
- Our risk-based approach will help determine whether an individual is in a higher-risk category and to consider whether additional industry insight or business intelligence research from independent sources is required.
- Perform industry insight interviews and regulatory references in an endeavour to ascertain insight into the individual’s professional character, source of wealth and additional questioning.
- Provide clients with accurate and detailed intelligence they can use to confidently make business decisions.
Regulatory Compliance (Financial Services)
Furnishing clients with relevant background intelligence enables them to make sound investment decisions, whilst knowing their compliance and regulatory fears are protected.
Our analysis of new territories, emerging markets, ultimate beneficial owners, third-party risks, Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) and on-going Fit and Proper monitoring provides clients with a new standard of due diligence.
How we can help:
We regularly assist Nominated Advisers, corporate finance teams, brokers, venture capital and private equity companies helping them:
- adhere to the FCA’s Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR) “Fit and Proper” regime
- implement Enhanced Due Diligence requirements
- comply with the London Stock Exchange rules for AIM directors/shareholders
- adopt anti-corruption and anti-money laundering rules and guidance
- design and implement FCPA compliance programmes; and
- undertake background checks for consumer credit organisations who fall under Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 regimes
- complete Management Due Diligence (MDD) insights and regulatory references
- review cyber risk landscapes and ICT due diligence
Find out how we can help you
We understand that due diligence, corporate investigations and protection services can be sensitive and complex matters, and we take steps to ensure that all of our clients’ information is kept strictly confidential.
By filling out your brief details, you can take the first step towards getting the answers you need.
We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible and look forward to working with you.